UMP Green Technology Sdn Bhd (UMPGT) was incorporated in April 2010 and focused on recycling waste materials into commercially viable products. As UMP’s commercial arm, UMPGT is committed to generate profit from the business of technology-based recycling-especially with technology gained by the researchers at the university and to offer technical consultancy in the areas of waste recycling and environmental conservation.
Historically, the company originated from and was founded on two technology-funded projects, entitled “Recycling of Base Oil From Spent Lubricant” and “Ultrasonic solvent Extraction of Oil From Spent Absorbents”, under the stewardship of Professor Dato’ Dr Rosli Mohd Yunus.
The company strives to continuously upgrade its pool of management and engineering professionals, in line with its nation-building objective of optimizing “Waste to Wealth”.
- To maximize the use of waste material in order to preserve nature.
- To utilize the benefits from local research and development project.
- To minimize the pollution or environmental effect by recycling Industrial wastes.
- To be the leading green technology base company in the world.
- To be the main business arm of University Malaysia Pahang.
- To educate and create awareness among community about the important of green technology.